Monday, September 30, 2013

The End of September

I can't believe that tomorrow it will be October already! Both girls had their half-birthdays this month, and the weather has definitely turned, though, so it does feel like it's time for fall.


IMG_1739.JPG

Gail still wants to do whatever Rachel is doing, and drags a seat over so she can sit next to Rachel.

IMG_1741.JPG

Rachel didn't seem bothered that Gail wanted to balance a toy on her head.

IMG_1744.JPG

Bedtime stories with Daddy.

I can't remember what I've shared, so some of the following updates may be repeated. The girls are doing fine sleeping in the same room at night. Sometimes Gail even sleeps through Rachel crying for food in the morning! Gail is now sleeping in her bed (instead of on the floor) - hooray! Gail is working on asking nicely for things. Her default is still, "Mommy should," "Mommy wants to," or "Gail needs" but a quick reminder is all it takes. Her version of asking nicely is, "Please, Mommy, I want some more water, Mommy."

Gail picks up the funniest new words. When we made muffins, I gave her the spoon to lick, and she said, "Gail is enjoying this." She understands traffic lights, and now tells her own joke of "Red means go and green means stop." She is trying to make jokes a lot, and sometimes follows up with, "That's silly!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.