Friday, September 27, 2013

Rachel at 6 Months

I just realized it's been over a week since I put up new pictures - oops! Rachel is 6 months old as of last Sunday. Her checkup was yesterday, and everything is fine. She can eat almost anything, so long as it is mashed up. She has finally gotten the hang of swallowing a bite immediately after receiving it, so dinner is going much more quickly! She is fine with sweet potatoes and carrots now, and we'll do some more veggies soon.

The only downside of the doctor's visit was the shots. Rachel got 4, and we just got Gail's flu shot done while we were there. Gail went first (by my choice) but was still upset about it at home, crying about how "Your shots hurt." She got a little better after the Band-Aid came off, and now says, "Daddy took your shots off."

Pictures soon, I promise, but first I have a little story for those of you that aren't on Facebook. This is a conversation from yesterday:

Me (Bethany): Gail, do you want to help put away silverware?
Gail: YES! [Picks up a table knife] This ife is sharp!
Me: Yep, so you have to be careful.
Gail: Yes, or your eye will poke it!

And now for some pictures.

IMG_1726.JPG

IMG_1731.JPG

IMG_1735.JPG


IMG_1736.JPG

I wish she would smile more for pictures! She really does smile a lot, but I can only get her to smile when I poke my head around the camera and I'm not a good enough photographer to take the picture without looking myself. At least she looks at the camera, unlike a certain 2-and-a-half year-old I know!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.