Thursday, November 17, 2011

Videos

UPDATE (11/18 9:45 PM): I had the settings wrong, but you should be able to see the videos now! Sorry about that.

I'm still working on getting the pictures up, but below are a couple videos.

Some things you might be interested in knowing about Miss Gail: She is practicing her latest sound, "da" constantly. She starts on her way into the kitchen for breakfast, and it comes up randomly several times a day. Sometimes she'll reply to me if I start it, which I believe is in one of the videos below.

Also, she has now undone the velcro on her own shoes twice, once last night and once this morning. So much for those keeping her socks on! Thankfully, a friend let me borrow a couple pairs of shoes as well, so we'll be wearing them more often if little miss inquisitive keeps up her current actions.

Her naps have not been nearly as long lately, which wouldn't be a problem except that she's constantly tired. I'm getting her a noise machine for naptimes, since the two we were gifted are auto-shut-off, and the noise turning off just wakes her back up. Hopefully some continuous white noise will help her rest better.

Lastly, as hard as it is for us to hear her being upset, she is spending a little time along in her room every day. She is almost always such a pleasant baby, but as soon as she sees the last person leave the room she bursts into tears. For awhile I was pretty accommodating of her, but as she stays awake longer I'm realizing there are times she needs to be by herself, like while I'm bringing groceries in from the car. I'm hoping that as we practice being alone every day and I cheer for her when I come back in the room, she'll discover that she can still play happily when no one else is around.

And now, what you've all been waiting for, the videos...if they are too choppy to see, you can click where it says "YouTube" at the bottom right of the video, and it should open up in a new window. They are a little shaky, and I'm trying to get better.




See how strong she is getting on her tummy??? She still has quite a ways to go to crawl, but she's getting there!




And there she is doing her best talking!  Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.